- The size of the penis is actually twice as much as it is perceived by men. The reason behind this is the fact that half of the penis is inside the body. The penis root is inside the pelvis and is attached to the pubic bone. And so an erect penis is shaped like a boomerang.
- There is a mass hysteria condition called the ‘penis panic’ where men think that their penises are disappearing. Also called the ‘Koro,’ it is more common in the Far East and African countries.
Hans/Pixabay. Only 5% of men use condoms/
- Only five percent of the total male population wears a condom while having sex.
- The average penis size in the United States is 5.1 inches. American men rank 18h worldwide for the average erect male penis length. South Korea ranks last with an average size of 3.8 inches, while the Republic of Congo has the highest average penis length at 7.1 inches.
Inactive_account_ID_249/Pixabay. The men with the longest average penis size are from Congo
- Eighty-five percent of women around the world are satisfied with the size of their partner’s penis, while only 55% of men like their size. Most women, almost 90%, prefer a penis with more girth than length.
- It is estimated that more than 600 men go into the ER for sex toys-related injuries and emergencies. The actual number of injuries caused by sex toys to the penis and anus is much higher, as thousands of cases remain unreported.
- Most sex toys-related injuries brought into the ER are minor, but many of them may result in erectile dysfunction, skin loss, fistulas (holes in the penis, sometimes permanent), and even penile fractures and amputation.
Robert Linder/Unsplash. More than 600 cases related to sex toys injury are brought into the ER.
- The world’s largest condom was created by the Guilin Latex Company during World Population Day. The condom was 80 meters long and 100 meters around. It was created using yellow PVC and was erected at a hotel in Guilin, China to promote the Population Day event.
- A ‘cock ring’ is a device used by men to constrict blood flow to the penis to prevent early loss of erection and to last longer in bed. The ring is placed around the scrotum, or around both the penis and the scrotum to restrict blood flow to the penis. These devices are also called ‘erection rings,’ and can help men with performance anxiety and erectile dysfunction to have better and more satisfying sex for both themselves and their partners. The rings are made using metal or elastic materials; metal rings are considered safer for use.