- The Americans are probably the biggest fans of ice cream, as they served it as a first meal to the arriving immigrants to Ellis Island in the 1920s. They fed them ice cream sandwiches to introduce them to the hospitality of American culture, and to give an impression of the luxury and sweetness of America.
- Ice cream consumption dramatically increased during the alcohol prohibition period, as most breweries switched to making ice creams in order to stay relevant.
Sonder Quest/Unsplash.Ice cream flavor Rocky Road was concocted during the Great Depression.
- The popular ice cream flavor ‘Rocky Road’ was first concocted during the Great Depression. The name was given as a commentary on coping with the hard times.
- During the Korean War, an American general ordered the government to curb the ice cream consumption of overseas troops. The order gained massive criticism and the Pentagon had to issue a statement saying that troops should not worry, and that they would be served with ice cream at least three times a week.
- Ice cream consumption increases during times of recession. Economic recession has always recorded a sharp increase in ice cream production and consumption.
- According to scientists, eating ice cream makes a person feel more comfortable and safer in their surroundings.
tomekwalecki/Pixabay. CHocolate and Vanilla are the two most popular ice cream flavors.
- The most popular ice cream flavors of all time are vanilla and chocolate.
- During the Second World War, American bombers on their mission churned ice cream by straaping a bucket of cream on their planes, which they would freeze at high altitudes as they passed over the territory of the opponents.
- You need to lick your ice cream fifty times in order to finish one scoop.
- Ice cream reached America in the 1700s and was a rare and expensive commodity, enjoyed only by its elite
- Vanilla, which is the most popular ice cream flavor today, was an exotic flavor in the 1700s.
- The United States consumes the most ice cream in the world, followed by Australia and then Norway
- More than 90% of American freezers are stocked with their choice of ice cream at any given time.
- Italy holds the record for the highest ice cream cone; the cone stands at 9feet tall.
- Vanilla flavored ice cream was invented after the chocolate flavor. While vanilla is the most consumed ice cream flavor, chocolate syrup is the most popular ice cream topping around the world.
JilWellington/Pixabay. Twelve pounds of milk can produce one gallon of ice cream.
- One gallon of ice cream utilizes 12 pounds of milk.